Our company was originally incorporated under the name Seabrook Chemical Engineering Limited on the 2nd October 1979, named after the particular brand of crisps our founder Tony Larkin was eating at the time.
The name Seabrook was then changed on Christmas Eve, 1981 to the more appropriate, Sealpump Engineering Limited.
After many years in engineering and with a background in fluid handling products, Tony decided to start a dedicated company to supply fluid handling equipment to the large manufacturing industries of Teesside and the North East of England.
Initially, the main products supplied were mechanical seals and pumps, hence the name change, however, Sealpump began to specialise in the supply of spray nozzles and accessories.
Over 35 years later, Sealpump, a quality assured company to ISO 9001 2015, is now one of the UK’s leading designers and suppliers of industrial spray nozzles, accessories and systems, and has supplied spray nozzles and spray solutions to thousands of customers in many different countries in almost all manufacturing sectors and processes.
Sealpump Engineering Timeline
- 02/10/1979 – Incorporated as Seabrook Chemical Engineering Limited 02/10/1979 by Tony Larkin
- 24/12/1980 – Sealpump Engineering Limited name incorporated
- 1981 – Started with supply of mechanical seals and industrial pumps
- 1982 – Started to supply spray nozzles to the steel mills of Teesside
- Sealpump appointed the local representative of Metalock UK Ltd
- Sealpump begin to distribute for a number of leading spray nozzle manufacturers
- Begin to supply more UK and European steel mills with spray nozzle, acting as a single source nozzle supplier
- Sealpump became one of the first spray nozzle companies in the world to achieve ISO 9001 certification
- 2000 – Moved into newly built modern offices with new stores and workshop facilities
- 2005 – Stuart Brown & Stephen Larkin appointed directors
- Expands into new industries including environmental, with unique systems for dust, odour and humidity control where specialist products were sourced and developed to include control systems and installation.
- Sealpump increase its service by offering a full design, testing, installation and service of industrial fluid handling systems
- 2012 – Sealpump acquires Birmingham based, Spray Direct Limited, the UK’s independent agent for German spray equipment manufacturer, Walther Pilot Gmbh
- 2015 – Move into bigger offices with more workshop space to accommodate growing team
- 2016 – New custom built spray test facility installed