Sealpump Engineering Limited (Sealpump) holds and processes information about employees, corporate clients, and other data subjects for administrative, approval and commercial purposes. When handling such information, Sealpump and all staff or others who process or use any personal information, must comply with the Data Protection Principles which are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulations 2016.
In summary these state that personal data shall:-
- be processed fairly and lawfully,
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with the purpose,
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose
- be accurate and up-to-date,
- not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose,
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights,
- be kept safe from unauthorised processing, and accidental loss, damage or destruction,
- not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data, except in specified circumstances.
Sealpump shall notify all staff and other relevant data subjects of the types of data held and processed by Sealpump concerning them, and the reasons for which it is processed. The information which is currently held by the Sealpump and the purposes for which it is processed will be amended when processing for a new or different purpose.
Staff, Corporate Clients, Approving or Awarding Organisations and other data subjects in Sealpump have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them either on computer or in structured and accessible manual files. Any person may exercise this right by submitting a request in writing to Sealpump.
Compliance with the Act is the responsibility of all members of staff. Any deliberate or reckless breach of this Policy may lead to disciplinary, and where appropriate, legal proceedings.
Any individual, who considers that the policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about him- or herself, should raise the matter with Sealpump.